BC School Group Bookings 2024
- Choose Accommodation
- Requests Summary
- Meal Options
- Request Form
- Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Conferences & Accommodation at UBC.
We would like to extend our best-priced accommodation offer for your school’s upcoming field trips. Our school group rate is available at Place Vanier, a first year dormitory style residence, available May 17 – June 30, 2024. Be sure to book early as reservations are subject to availability!
Place Vanier ResidenceTraditional Bed
A mixture of single and twin bedrooms, with shared hallway washrooms and floor lounges (approximately 24 guests per floor). Floor lounges offer seating, TV, fridge, sink and microwave.
- Room Type: Traditional Bed
- Accommodates: 1
- Bathrooms: Shared w Floor
Place Vanier Residence
1935 Lower Mall Vancouver British Columbia V6T 1X1 Canada
UBC Vancouver, 6080 Student Union Blvd, University Endowment Lands, BC V6T 0B7, Canada
Thunderbird Park Sports Fields
3055 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
6288 Stadium Road, Vancouver, BC, Canada
UBC Tennis Centre
6160 Thunderbird Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, Canada
See general FAQs at bottom of this page.
Your Booking Requests
You have not added any Booking Requests.
Room Requests Summary
Total Cost$0 Plus Taxes
The Dining Hall may be available for your group, for more information, please contact the Dining Hall Manager.
Place Vanier Dining Hall
Place Vanier Dining Hall
1935 Lower Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1X1, Canada
- Breakfast 7:00-9:00am
- Lunch 11:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner 5:30-7:00pm
We look forward to welcoming you to our facilities. Please provide us with your group’s contact information and review your booking request.
Group Contact Information
On-site Contact Information
Room Request Summary
Total Cost$0 Plus Taxes
Terms and Conditions
Please review in detail and initial where required. A copy of the Terms and Conditions will be emailed to you.
1. Check In / Check Out Information
Check-in time is 3:00 PM; check-out time is 11:00 AM. Guests staying in their rooms beyond the check-out time without authorization from The University of British Columbia will be charged for an additional night.
2. Payment Options
Payment can be made by cheque, bank draft, or cash. A fee of $25.00 will apply for NSF cheques (subject to change). Payment can also be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) to a maximum of $10,000 per contract.
3. Guarantee and Full Payment Due Date / Room Release Policy
Guaranteed numbers and full payment of the projected accommodation charges are due by the Cutoff Date, 30 days prior to arrival. On this date, the contracted room block automatically becomes guaranteed and final room charges will be based on the guaranteed room block value. Any rooms held in the block in excess of the guaranteed number of rooms will be released on the Cutoff Date. Requests to increase the room block after the Cutoff date must be received in writing and will be subject to availability. If the room block is increased after the Cutoff Date, the revised room block will immediately become guaranteed and final room charges will be based on the revised room block value. Prior to the Cutoff Date, the Client can reduce the room block by providing written notice to Conferences & Accommodation at UBC, which will reduce the guarantee amount. After the Cutoff Date, there will be no refunds for cancellations, no-shows, late arrivals or early departures; substitute reservations over the same dates and in the same room types are accepted. Upon arrival, the Client will receive keys for the actual number of guests; not the number of rooms which the group has guaranteed, if the latter is greater.
4. Guest List
The University of British Columbia must receive a complete guest list from the Client by Two Weeks prior to arrival. Submission of the guest list after the due date is subject to an administration fee of up to $160. To expedite the check-in process, please complete the guest list template (link to be provided).
5. Final Billing
Final invoice will be based on the actual room nights or the guaranteed room block, whichever is greater; and will include any miscellaneous charges incurred during the stay. Actual numbers will be calculated based on the duration that each room key is signed out from the front desk. The Client will be responsible for signing out keys upon arrival and signing in keys upon departure with the front desk staff. The final statement will include a reconciliation based on the key sign out records, and will not include individual guest names. If the actual room revenue is less than the guaranteed room block revenue, the final invoice will include the actual revenue plus 100% of the difference between the actual and guaranteed amounts.
6. Supervision of Minors
The Client will assume full responsibility for the care conduct and control of its charges and guests when at The University of British Columbia. The Client will receive a Supervision of Minors document that includes Direct Supervisor Policies, Residence Code of Conduct Polices, and Direct Supervisor Contact Information. All minors staying in private suites must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. It is the responsibility of the Client that all staff responsible for the supervision of minors has reviewed and adheres to these policies, and communicates this information to their charges. The Client acknowledges that tampering with fire equipment by any of its member of the group is subject to a $200 fine and/or eviction. The Client acknowledges that overloading or rough-housing in an elevator by any member(s) of the group is subject to a $200 fine and/or eviction. The Client agrees to pay both the full cost to repair elevators damaged through misuse, including, but not limited to overloading, by group members, plus the expense of UBC Personnel who attend to ensure the safety of group members trapped in an elevator stalled by misuse (min $200). The Direct Supervisor Contact Information must be completed Two Weeks prior to arrival.
The Client agrees to pay for charges resulting from damages to The University of British Columbia’s property by the Client’s delegates, charges and guests. The Client also agrees to pay $92.00 + 5% GST and 7% PST per key, subject to change, for each key not returned at check-out. If a lock change is necessary after hours, on a weekend, or on a statutory holiday the charge increases to $132.00 + 5% GST and 7% PST per key, subject to change, per key.
8. Substitution Policy
In the event of maintenance problems, acts of God or other unforeseen circumstances, the University retains the right to substitute alternative rooms for those originally reserved on behalf of the Client. The rate of the substituted rooms shall be the standard room rate of such rooms or the agreed upon rate of the rooms originally reserved, whichever is less.
Supervision of Minors Policy
Direct Supervisor Policies
1. Minors, ages 9 to 18 years, with a group at The University of British Columbia must be supervised at all times. Direct Supervisors must always be within sight and close proximity of their charges, attend to their needs, ensure their safety and security, and enforce the Residence Code of Conduct Rules outlined in this document. Periods of “free time” for participants does not excuse this requirement.
2. Direct Supervisors must be at least 21 years of age. Groups must designate an on-site Head Supervisor, at least 25 years of age. All Direct Supervisors must provide photo identification with proof of age at check-in.
3. A minimum of one Direct Supervisor is required for every 1-8 guests aged 9 to 14 years.
A minimum of one Direct Supervisor is required for every 1-10 guests aged 15 to 18 years.
4. Children under the age of 9 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to stay at The University of British Columbia.
5. At least one Direct Supervisor must be accessible to the Front Desk by mobile phone or pager 24 hours per day during the group’s stay. This Direct Supervisor must provide the contact number(s) to the Front Desk upon arrival.
6. Direct Supervisors must enforce the Responsible Use of Internet Technology Facilities and Services that restricts the illegal download of copyright protected material as well as other prohibited activities. Please refer to The University of British Columbia’s Policy Number 104.
7. At night:
Direct Supervisor guest rooms must be equally distributed among the minor’s rooms.
Direct Supervisors must supervise their charges until all their charges are accounted for and in bed.
Direct Supervisors must respond to minors in need of assistance.
Direct Supervisors must respond to any disruption caused by their charges.
Residence Code of Conduct
1. Quiet hours are in effect from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. Excessive noise that may disturb other guests is prohibited at all times.
2. In the event that someone is locked out of his or her room, a Direct Supervisor must sign out a spare key.
3. Discarding objects from windows is strictly prohibited.
4. All exterior doors are to be kept closed and locked at all times. All registered guests will be issued a key.
5. Smoking is not permitted in any building.
6. Consumption of alcohol by minors is strictly prohibited.
7. No parties.
8. Absolutely no climbing on rooftops or walkway covers.
9. No pranks.
10. Report all accidents, breakages, trespassers, and injuries to the Front Desk as soon as possible.
11. All guests must vacate the building during a fire alarm and cannot re-enter until the fire crew gives the ALL CLEAR.
12. False fire alarm pulls and tampering with fire equipment is strictly prohibited and is subject to a $200 fine and/or eviction.
13. Overloading or rough-housing in an elevator is strictly prohibited and is subject to a $200 fine and/or eviction plus the cost or repairs to the elevator.